Monday, November 26, 2012

Chex Mix, Pumpkin Pie and A Little Motivation

Perplexing title, right? Let me explain.

It's rather obvious that this, my friends, is the very first post on this blog. That's right, the beginning, where it will all begin. This little blog has been floating around in my head as nothing more than an idea for quite some time, but for one reason after another I just never found the time to actually create it. Little things like parenting just kept getting in the way, if you know what I mean.

Tonight, as I sat on my couch at 1 am while my youngest child rolled around on the floor chewing his fists and pretending bedtime wasn't hours ago, I decided it was time to just do it already. Just create the blog that has been in my head for so long and begin sharing with the world all these little things that are constantly swimming around inside my mind. Reveal to the world the craziness and chaos going on behind the closed doors of our little home and the situations encountered while attempting to raise a sassy pre-teen and a high needs infant.

Fast forward about an hour, after having a terrible time finding a blog title that wasn't already in use, and I'm sitting here with a container full of homemade Chex mix and half a leftover pumpkin pie while the baby is still busy not being sleepy. Well, mostly just the crust of the pie right now since I've been scooping out the tasty filling by the spoonfuls for the past several minutes. Shhh, don't tell my daughter!I

I guess with all new blog creations there are aspirations of what you hope to develop your little web space in to. For me, I want a place to share parenting stories and information. I want a place where I can write about many different topics related to family and raising children. At times it might be comical and at others it might be more serious, but isn't that exactly the way parenting is anyway?

I encourage anyone who stumbles across my little corner of the interwebz to leave comments and share along with me. Who really wants to be in this alone, anyway? I certainly don't want to feel like I'm talking to a wall, I get enough of that here at home as it is. Pre-teen. Enough said.


No comments:

Post a Comment